Sunday, February 1, 2009

News for the week...

I figured i had some time to work on this during the game so here are a few stories to share for this past week....

Biggest story first, Kaylee finally rolled over from her back to her tummy on Saturday. Warren and i were playing Wii and she made it almost all the way over and we just held our fists clinched to keep us from helping her but finally she made it. Just so you all know, i creamed Warren playing the Wii that afternoon! ;-)


Then today we were watching the game and Kaylee was playing on the floor, on her back, the next second i looked at her, she was on her tummy, arms out and everything. There's no turning back now! She's also started reaching for Warren and I too now, which is really fun! She tries so hard and it takes her about 2-3 minutes to finally reach us but its so cute to watch!


We went to the zoo last week. It was a lot of fun! Landen and i have been a million times but still enjoy it! We bought a family year pass last year and i think we may renew it again this year, especially for this summer. But i'm still working on convincing Warren about that!

Kaylee actually stayed awake for most of the time, but at the very end she crashed. I put her in her baby carrier and wrapped her blanket around that, it was pretty cute!

In other news, I was feeding Kaylee and Landen was watching Peter Pan on my bed (or so i thought). When i was done feeding Kaylee i went to check on him and he was standing in my room holding a pair of scissors standing next to the dog! Well, if you remember our little Christmas Eve story with the scissors, my first thought was to check the dog, nothing. (thank goodness) So then i asked him, Landen what did you do?! You could see the guilt in his face. He took me right to the closet and said, "Oh no mommy, look!" He pointed right to MY clothes. At first i didn't see anything.... this was what i saw....



Can't see anything? Look at a picture a little closer....



Yeup, Landen had completely SHREDDED my blue blouse and 3 of my FAVORITE work blouses!!!! I didn't even know what to do! He had moved the computer chair to our desk and climbed on the computer desk to get the scissors. I yelled and said, "Landen this is a NO NO!" I was pretty stern with him and he just looked at me with sad little eyes and said, "I know Mommy, No No!" So i had to grab my camera and take a picture. Then, i figure when he gets his first job, i'll show him the pictures and make him buy me 4 new blouses. :-)


We decided one night to turned off the TV, left our cell phones in our room and just played with the kids. We played hide n seek with Landen and he enjoyed hiding from Daddy. Especially when mommy showed him a new hiding place (the washer). And Kaylee LOVES to play BOO with mommy and being thrown in the air!


Then Daddy was playing with Kaylee on the floor and Daisy HAD to be involved! She had to lay right on top of Warren the whole time to see what was going on. It was pretty cute!


Anyway, we are all doing well. Kaylee is still an amazing good baby! We thought Landen was good, but Kaylee is 10xs better than he ever was. She NEVER cries, EVER!! She cries when she's hurt (thanks to big brother) but that doesn't happen often and that is literally the only time she cries. We are so lucky to have 2 good babies! I can only imagine what #3 will be like! Yikes!!

HAPPY FEBRUARY EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

Call Family said...

Wow! I can't believe that Landen cut your clothes. I would have died. I'll have to remember to hide the scissors when he and Dallas play together;) Cute blog!

Contributors