Sunday, October 25, 2009

A feeling NEVER to forget!

Yesterday was quite an adventurous day for us! We woke up early and headed out to Boo @ the Zoo for the couple hours. I'd love to post pics from that but i forgot my camera! (sad) But the kids had a lot of fun!

After that we grabbed some lunch then went home to get ready to head out once again. Only this time, it was for ME! I dropped off the kids with Grandma and Grandpa, picked up Tessa, Kirsti and some of their friends and off we went. We were going skydiving! And it was a BEATUIFUL october day to jump! When we got there they had us watch a corny little video that explained how there's no perfect parachute and there is a chance of getting seriously injured and even death (blah blah blah) and then they made us sign our lives away (literally!) It was pretty pathetic, i mean, how many different ways can you say, "if you get hurt or die, don't sue us". (apparently 4 pages worth) After that we found out we could only jump one person at a time. Well it was 4pm when we got there, and we had 5 jumpers! After some fustrating words thrown out and dirty looks at the rude "desk lady" we shrugged our shoulders and went on.

I went first, since my kids were there, i didn't know how long they were going to last, but definately wanted to let them see mommy jump! I got all suited up and off we went. There was no explanation of anything until we were up on the plane and even then, seemed too brief! When we got to altitude, which was 10,000 by the way, i knealed down to be straped to my trainer, and boy do they strap you TIGHTLY together! I sat leaning on this tiny door being able to see the entire world beneath me and then, the door opened!! There was no fear, no sense of anything except for total excitement! I was so ready to jump! The rush of wind on my face was overwhelming for a split second, but i was so pumped! I was never more ready for this! It just seemed like any other rollercoaster ride to me. My trainer kinda teased me a bit, and leaned me out once, then twice, staring at the world so far beneath me. Kevin (my trainer) said one last piece of valuable advice "if at any point we get separated, just meet me back at the building." HA! Nice! i thought! We said good bye to our pilot and that was it... He leaned me far out the door and then jumped! We did some flips and twirls and spins and free falled 10,000 feet off the ground for 30 seconds and it was the most amazing 30 seconds of my LIFE!! Then he pulled the parachute release and it was DEAD SILENCE! Once my ears popped and i could see again, kevin said, "Welcome to my office!" It was the most BEAUTIFUL sight ever! You could see everywhere! Kevin then gave me the "reigns" and i was able to fly us around for a while. We did so many spins and twirls, and it was FAST! It was amazing!!! A total invigorating feeling! And then, like that, it was done and we had landed! A smooth sailing, soft landing! Couldn't have been more perfect! There's nothing to describe the experience except INCREDIBLY AMAZING!! It was the greatest feeling in the world and i will DEFINATELY be going again some day!!! Only next time, i will DRAG my husband, kicking and screaming! I landed feet in front of my family and friends and Landen ran up to me and said, "Mommy, did you jump out of the airplane? Ok, MY TURN!" Ha ha, what a stud.... someday Landen, some day.... i will even go with you! 3.5 hours later, and about a 40 degree weather drop, we were all done! All 5 of us had jumped, landed, and walked away!
It was just amazing! An experience of a life time!! Sheer joy, peacefulness and serenity! And a feeling NEVER to forget!
Signing away our lives
Getting all suited up
The tiny little plane
Kaylee loved following us come down!
The jumpers, Susan & Larry even made us all shirts
(we were only allowed to wear if we WALKED
to Susan afterwards) that said "They pushed,
it opened, i lived" They are so funny!

No comments:

Contributors