Thursday, March 19, 2009

Never Judge a Book by It's Cover!

So today after spending 2 hours at the park, I took Landen to Arctic Circle to get some lunch. Kaylee was asleep so we just brought her in her carseat and put the carseat on the far end of the table. After eating, Landen and I walked up to the register to get a "courtesy-cone" and left Kaylee on the table. I kept checking on her over my shoulder to make sure.... that i guess she was still there, lol. Anyway, next thing i notice is this really tall, big guy, long hair, beard, covered head to toe in tattoos, cut off shorts, (biker dude, all the way) walking toward our booth, then he is leaning over and practically in our booth looking at Kaylee. She's wasn't in view of anyone walking by, you actually had to be in our seats to see her because she was so far back and her shade on the carseat was up. So this guy is in our booth and just looking at her and then looked and saw me looking at him. I got a weird feeling about it, and thought maybe she had woken up and i just didn't hear her crying or something. So i walk over back to our booth and he meets me half way and says, "You have the most adorable baby i have ever seen, really!" I said Thank you and walked to check on her, still fast asleep. It really made my day because ALL moms say, oh you have a cute baby or family or something to that affect, but we all know, we don't always mean it, it's just a conversation starter. But for a guy like that to literally go out of his way to see her, and then out of his way to come tell me how adorable she is, was really sweet because you know they actually mean it. Plus its really cute knowing a rough-neck guy like that has such a sweet-heart, not to mention GO TASTE! LOL!

1 comment:

Michelle Ross said...

So sweet! Its always nice to have a random stranger come up to you and compliment your children..

Contributors