Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kansas City

Last Tuesday Landen, Kaylee and I all flew to surprise my mom for a week visit in Kansas City. We flew by ourselves on a 7 hr flight!! (i know, what were we thinking, right?) But the kids did absolutely amazing!! I couldn't believe how good they were! I had Warren put a bunch of movies on his video Ipod hoping that would entertain Landen enough but we only ended up using about 15 minutes of it! He sat in his seat, and was very happy and quiet the entire time! Kaylee slept most the time but was happy as pie when she was awake. EVERYONE on the plane made an effort to come tell me how cute and well behaved my children were. Even the pilots came to talk to us and took Landen to sit in the pilot seat because he was being such a good boy. They even turned on all the lights and let him push a few buttons! He thought it was the neatest thing!

We flew in around 11:pm and surprised my mom by throwing Landen on her bed and he woke her up saying, "Mimi!' She was pretty excited but she kinda knew. It's practically impossible to keep things from my mom, maybe next time!

It has been a lot of fun visiting my parents. The weather has been WONDERFUL in the upper 70s!! Landen has been having the time of his life with his Mimi and Pampa! Greg has been a wonderful Uncle to Landen too!

We took Landen to the train depot today and he was in absolute heaven! We got to stand on a bridge at the perfect time because as soon as we got up there, a train drove right under us! Landen couldn't believe it! They had a HUGE train table set up with lots of trains and things to look at. Landen just loved it. It was definately a trip for him!! He had a wonderful day and it was fun to see him enjoying the trains! Kaylee slept the whole 5 hrs so she missed it all.

I found Dorthy's house and the Land of Oz today but unfortunately its about 6 hrs from here so we wont be able to see it :-( i was pretty bummed!!

I apparently forgot my cord for my camera so i'll have to post pictures later! I have some REALLY cute ones to share!

We do miss Dad though! Actually i don't think Landen realizes he's gone, sorry hun. He's just having way too much fun with everyone! But we do love & miss you dad.

1 comment:

Warren said...

I miss you all. Life without my family for 8 days will never be done again. (sorry babe) And Landen misses me, he tells me in his dreams you just don't hear it. Love you Brittaney!!

Contributors