Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Funnies... from a NOT so funny situation

Okay, so the other day i took Landen to see Space Chimps at the FREE family film festival at Edwards (gotta love it), went to run some errands afterwards, went out to lunch and then went home. On the way home a lovely pair of motorcycle cops decided it was my turn to be pulled over. Extremely fustrating going home with a $75 ticket!! He said he clocked me at 68mph on Meridian Rd.... yeah, not likely! What made it more fustrating is that i had my cruise control set at 56-57 the ENTIRE way until i caught up to someone going 40, so i sped to to pass him before getting stuck behind another line of cars also trying to do the same; and that's when mr. cop clocked me.... still no way it was 68!!! While the cop pretended to care (not to mention pretend to listen) about my side of the story Landen was in the back seat trying to talk to the cop. As the cop took my license back to his bike Landen asked me, "Mommy what is he doing" i told him, "looking at my car and hopefully not going to give me a ticket". Landen got really excited about me saying a ticket and said, "A ticket?! For Chuck-E-Cheese?!" (oh the innocense of children) After a quick chuckle i told him, no unfortunately not that kind of a ticket, however, i would've taken that ticket any day over the one i received. After a few choice words with the cop for not listening to me, i quickly sped off (no, not out of anger, just to get back on the road before the long line of cars caught up to us) Landen yelled, "No mommy, this is not a race car, only race cars go fast, slow down!" He was pretty mad at me. So after a few tears on our short 5 minute drive to get back to the house, Landen quickly ran inside and told Warren about the Chuck-E-Cheese ticket i had received on the way home. I don't know what i would have done without my little guy making humor out of a rather fustrating situation! He's such a sweetheart!

Needless to say, I took my ticket to the courthouse today to schedule a court date to fight my not so fair speeding ticket. So wish me luck! :-0

2 comments:

Forever Glascock's said...

That sucks!! I hope you can do something with your ticket. Chris got hit by a cop doing a u-turn in the road trying to get a car, and they are refusing to pay to fix our car because they said his lights were on and Chris didn't yield long enough! SO I here your pain. And go figure Landen to think it was Chucky Cheese! LOL

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

That is hilarious!!!!! Wow, seriously that is too funny, aren't children just little sweeties most of the time!

Contributors